We have been receiving many inquiries regarding the Economic Impact Payment. The following details are intended to provide current pertinent information, as of this morning. The IRS website remains the best resource for frequently asked questions. If your specific concern is not addressed here by the FAQs, let us know! We’ll continue to do our very best to provide clarity. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org using EIP in the subject line if you have additional questions.
NEW – GET MY PAYMENT
This feature was added to the IRS website on 4/15, click here Get My Payment.
- It allows you to check your payment status online by providing your SSN, date of birth and address.
- Payment type is indicated as either a check that was/will be mailed or as a direct deposit. Updates to payment information may be possible (see BANKING INFORMATION below for details).
- The site has been experiencing some technical difficulties, patience required!
- Due to high demand on this site, there may be a wait time or need to refresh the screen.
- Individuals may get a status of “cannot determine eligibility” even if you have entered details correctly. No further guidance by the IRS has been issued.
- Status is updated once a day, so no need to check more than that! Multiple inquiries will get you locked out of the system for 24 hours.
BANKING INFORMATION DETERMINATION
The IRS will be using your most recently filed tax return (2018 or 2019) as their source of how your payment will be delivered. As a reminder, the IRS will NEVER call or email you to update your information, so be aware of potential scams.
- If your recent return included banking information:
- You cannot update your banking information.
- Payment will be deposited to the bank account on file.
- If the account has been closed and/or the deposit is rejected, the IRS will mail your check.
- If your recent return did not include banking information:
- A check will be mailed to your most recent address on file.
- You can update your payment preference to direct deposit, if your payment status is showing that payment has not already been processed, via the Get My Payment feature.